Still working my way through my “you’ve got to try this recipe first” list and made my way to my boy’s favorite–ribs! I got lucky and found a full rack of baby back ribs on sale at Kroger so I was ready to give it a shot!
- First I made a rub out of paprika, brown sugar, Tastefully Simple Wahoo Chili Mix (which unfortunately isn’t available at the moment), and Tastefully Simple’s FANTASTIC Seasoned Salt.
- I scrubbed the rub into the meat on all sides. Then I cut the slab into thirds for easier handling. I think next time I might just go ahead and cut it into individual ribs just to make them a little less messy to eat.
- I set the magic pot on Saute and waited until it said “HOT” then added a couple of tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Infused Oil to the pot along with a diced onion and a cap full (2 Tablespoons) of Garlic Garlic and sauted until the onions were tender.
- I coated the ribs with 1 cup of Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce and added half cup of water and then set the Instant Pot to manual for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- I let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes and then popped open the lid to see what we had.
- The smell! Oh.my.word! They smelled fantastic!
- I laid them out on a foil-covered sheet and drizzled them with some more Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. This isn’t necessary, I just like the slightly caramelized sauce on the outside.
- I had to fend off this guy to get them served and photographed!
- Best ribs I’ve EVER had! I think next time I will cook them for a few minutes more just to get more of the fall-off-the-bone going. They were very tender and tasty. Another win for the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W!
Oh-my-goodness Baby Back Ribs in the Instant Pot
3.5-4 pounds baby back ribs (or just back ribs)
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1.5 Tablespoons Tastefully Simple Wahoo! Chili Seasoning (or chili powder)
1 Tablespoon Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt (does not equal regular seasoned salt)
2 Tablespoons Tastefully Simple Roasted Garlic Infused Oil
2 Tablespoons Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic
1 Onion, diced
1.5 Cups Tastefully Simple Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce, divided
Mix paprika, brown sugar, chili seasoning and TS Seasoned Salt together in a small bowl and rub into all sides of ribs. Heat Instant Pot on saute feature until it displays HOT and then add oil, TS Garlic Garlic and onions. (Tip: adding cold oil to a hot pan keeps things from sticking.) Saute, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Hit the cancel button and add ribs to pot, wrapping around inside the pot or cutting to make them fit. Coat them with 1 cup of TS Smoky Bacon BBQ as you go. Add 1/2 cup water. Close lid, be sure the steam vent is sealed and set on manual for 32 minutes. When pressure cycle is done, allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes (countdown clock will keep track of how long it has been done.) Release vent and open pot. If desired, lay ribs on foil-covered pan and coat with additional sauce, broil for 5 minutes or until sauce reaches your preferred color. Serve with LOTS of napkins!