Looking for easy? It seriously doesn’t get much easier than this! You don’t even need to thaw the chicken. I keep large bags of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer to use for a variety of meals. I simply took some out of the bag and plopped them in the pot to start.
- I put the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot on the trivet. One awesome thing about this magic pot is that it doesn’t matter how many pieces of meat you put in. The timing depends on how thick each piece is and how done you want the meat. Same with cooking from frozen–you set it for the same amount of time, it just takes longer to come up to pressure.
- I dumped in a jar of Tastefully Simple Corn and Black Bean Salsa. If you have never tried our salsa, you are missing out on something great! It is chunky and filled with tomatoes, peppers, corn and black beans.
- I filled the empty salsa jar about half full of water and dumped it in.
- I closed the Instant Pot and set it to MANUAL and adjusted the time with the + button to 12 minutes–making sure the steam valve was set to SEALED.
- Because the chicken was frozen it took a bit longer to come to pressure, but that was fine by me. I left it to go take a ride around the woods with these cuties!
- I let the pressure naturally release (I was still outside anyway) and when I came back the chicken was done but not quite done enough to shred easily. I put the lid back on and set it to MANUAL again and this time used the – button to adjust the time to 8 minutes. Since everything was all nice and hot, it didn’t take long for the pot to come to pressure. When the pressure cycle was done this time, I let the pressure release naturally for about 5 minutes then turned the steam valve to VENTING and let the steam release. The chicken shredded easily with a fork. Can you believe how much liquid those frozen chicken breasts release when they cook???
- Earlier in the day, I had placed some russet potatoes on the trivet, added 1 cup of water, set the pot to 10 minutes on MANUAL and let the pot naturally release the pressure when the cycle was done. This provided me with nice and tender baked potatoes for this meal.
- I placed a baked potato on each plate and spread them out then piled on the shredded salsa chicken. Cheese on top and dinner is served! Easy.peasy.tastefully.simple.