This one is a keeper, ladies and gentlemen! Super yummy and juicy meatloaf! I made this so I could have some cold meatloaf sandwiches with mayo for lunch for a few days. But, that would require leftovers….maybe next time!
This recipe I found on Pressure Cooking Today was my inspiration for this recipe. I hadn’t really even thought about the possibility of meatloaf in my magic pot until I saw it.
- I soaked 3 slices of white bread in a bowl with 1/2 cup of milk and let it sit while I got out the rest of the ingredients. I mixed together the bread slices, 2 pounds of ground beef, 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbl (half a cap full) Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt, and 3 eggs and formed it into a loaf that would fit in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- I took a long strip of aluminum foil and folded in half. I made sure the loaf was as wide as the strip. I put the loaf on the foil and covered it with strips of bacon.
- I spread 1/2 cup of Tastefully Simple Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce all over the outside of the bacon.
- I added 2 cups of water to the inner pot. I used the foil as handles to pick up the loaf and put it onto the trivet. I used the trivet handles and foil to lower it into the pot. I set the pot to MANUAL and used the +/- buttons to adjust the time to 20 minutes.
- At the end of the time, I did a quick pressure release and temperature check and it was a few degrees from where I wanted it, so I put I spread another 1/4 cup of the sauce on the top and put it in the oven at 400 for a few minutes more to finish cooking and to caramelize the sauce.
- It was REALLY good! No dried out meatloaf for us ever again! Next time I will probably add some Tastefully Simple Onion Onion and try sharp cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan.
- Happy cooking!