Remember the Easy Peasy Salsa Chicken? The first day we had it, I served it on baked potatoes. There was some leftover so I decided to use it by making taco salad. Here’s how I did it.
- I rinsed and briefly soaked a bag of black beans. This webpage on the Instant Pot website is a good reference for cooking time for different types of beans, although I’ve found the times to be a little short: Dry Beans and Legume Cooking Time.
- I drained the beans and added them to the Instant Pot. I covered them with water with a few inches of water over top of the beans. I added 1 Tbl (half of a lid full) of Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic, 4 Tbl (2 lids full) of Tastefully Simple Onion Onion, and 2 Tbl (1 lid full) of Tastefully Simple Wahoo Chili Seasoning.
- I closed the lid of the magic pot and set it to MANUAL and changed the time with the +/- buttons to 30. I made sure the vent was sealed and left it to work its magic.
- When the time was up, I let the pressure release naturally. They were cooked perfectly!
- I covered the plate with lettuce leaves, then a spoonful of black beans, then a spoonful of the Salsa Chicken I warmed in the microwave. I threw on some shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream, added some tortilla chips and BAM dinner was served!