What’s your favorite part of Thanksgiving? I think I would have to say my favorite is leftover cold roast turkey with mayo and salt on a sandwich. Just thinking about it makes me hungry! It’s a tradition at our house to have a boneless turkey breast roast on Christmas Day for the same reason. But why wait for the holidays? Ever since I made the Whole Roasted Chicken and Mashed Potatoes in Instant Pot, I’ve been thinking about trying a boneless turkey breast roast. So here we go!
- My grocery only carries these roasts in the freezer section (near the frozen chicken) but I decided to thaw this one before I made it. Probably not necessary, but that’s what I did this time. I then covered it with some of my favorite oil, Tastefully Simple Roasted Garlic Infused Oil and then sprinkled on some Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt and rubbed it into the roast.
- While I was getting the roast ready, I turned on the Instant Pot to SAUTE and ADJUST to the hottest setting. When it was hot, I poured some more of the oil into the pot and then browned the outside of the roast.
- When the roast was brown on the outside, I poured in some chicken broth and scraped the browned bits off the bottom of the pot. I made sure there was at least 1 cup of broth left in the bottom and hit the CANCEL button. I put the trivet in the bottom and placed the browned roast on top of it.
- I closed the lid, set the vent to SEALING and then pushed MANUAL and used the +/- buttons to get to 30 minutes.
- At the end of the pressure time, I allowed the pot to do a natural pressure release and switch over to KEEP WARM because I was out and about doing other things. When I came back, I opened the lid to the fantastic smell of a lovely roasted piece of turkey!
- I left the liquid in the pot and added 5 potatoes cut into chunks and put the lid back on. I selected MANUAL and 6 minutes. When the pressure cycle was done this time, I did a quick pressure release and when it was done, I did something radical! Instead of draining any of the liquid, I just stuck my immersion blender in the pan and whipped the potatoes with the chicken/turkey stock. It made tan potatoes but they were really tasty with no need for milk, butter or salt!
- I cut off a slab and hid it in a ziplock bag in the fridge to be sure I had leftovers for a sandwich the next few days!
Boneless Turkey Breast Roast in the Instant Pot
Cover roast with oil and rub in the seasoned salt. Heat Instant Pot on SAUTE on highest heat. When it is hot, pour in the oil. Brown all sides of the roast. Remove roast to a plate. Pour in 1.5 cups of chicken broth and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Hit CANCEL. Insert trivet into the pot and place roast on it. Place lid on the pot and set vent to SEALING. Select MANUAL and use the +/- buttons to change time to 30 minutes. When pressure cycle is over, let the pressure release naturally. Open pot and enjoy your juicy, flavorful turkey!