One of my favorite ways to cook in my Instant Pot is making meals ahead of time and freezing them and just popping them into my magic pot frozen. I recently videoed the prep for all 10 of our One Pot Meal Collection. Eight of those I froze in freezer bags inside an appropriate size bowl so I could just pop it from the freezer right into the pot. It worked great! I thought I would share with you the prep for the Creamy Shrimp and Crab Risotto. It turned out beautifully in a fraction of the time it would have taken in the oven.
Here is a link to the recipe with freezer meal prep instructions: Creamy Crab and Shrimp Risotto
- Here is what the ingredients looked like straight from the freezer after I opened the bag.
- I selected the SAUTE button on my pot and waited until it said HOT. Then I added a coating of Roasted Garlic Infused Oil. After I allowed it to heat up for a few seconds, I poured in the rice mixture and let it brown for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the rice started to brown, I selected CANCEL and added my chicken broth to the rice. You will notice it was still partially frozen. I make chicken stock/bone broth in my Instant Pot and freeze it in 3 cup batches.
- I gave it a good stir and then selected MANUAL and used the +/- keys to change the time to 6 minutes. I made sure my valve was set to SEALED. While it was cooking, I mixed together the Creamy Crab Cheeseball Mix and the half and half in a bowl.
- When the pressure cycle was over, I carefully moved the valve to VENTING and allowed the pressure to release until the pin dropped. I pressed CANCEL.
- I opened the lid and stirred the rice and liquid well and dumped in the frozen seafood and the half and half mix and stirred it all together well.
- I selected SAUTE and allowed the mixture to cook until the shrimp was pink–about 5 minutes–stirring frequently.
- Served with some cranberry salad and veggie stir-fry. FABULOUS!